BLEGGI FAMILY

BLEGGI FAMILY

Friday, September 12, 2008

IT'S NOT "JUST" AN ELK HUNT...IT'S A "ONCE IN A LIFETIME" ELK HUNT!

Elk also known as Wapiti, Alce, Elch, Orignal, Eland, Elg, 麋鹿,
ヘラジカ, лось

So if you haven't heard my husband drew the Wasatch Elk Tag (Rifle Hunt). Let the scouting begin. He is has been on and off the mountain almost every day for the last two and half months. When he finally found the elk he wanted, he started setting up camp...and when I say setting up camp...I am talking almost everything went up the mountain besides the kitchen sink. He left yesterday and the hunt starts Saturday. He has "MANY" friends going up there to help with the cause. What cracks me up the most, is that he set a camp and then two "dumby" camps to ward off any fellow hunters from coming into his territory. What is that all about? He also has a "backup" camp, just in case they don't get the "BIG" one! He told me he was so nervous that he was sick to his stomach. I just can't phathom that one! I will have to keep you all posted on the festivities. To be honest with you, I am truly crossing my fingers that he gets the big one. He has worked really hard for this and waited 10 long years. He deserves to not only have fun, but bring home the elk he's been waiting 10 years for!!

No comments: